The Subtle Islands, near Desolation Sound, are two islands joined by an isthmus at the northern end of the Straits of Georgia, near Whaletown Bay on Cortes Island, BC, Canada. The 13,000 square foot home, with ancillary buildings, is located on the North Island, a 45-acre woodland park. The home’s efficient floor plan includes two master suites and two, two-bedroom self-sufficient apartments in addition to the great room, library, billiard room, six fireplaces, chef’s kitchen, farm-style dining and home theatre. With a wrap-around stone deck facing the ocean and inner courtyard for the morning sun, the main house compound is warm, welcoming, tastefully appointed and private. The South Island, 30-acres of farm-like setting is the site of the 6,100 square foot equestrian barn, boathouse and float plane hanger, as well as the dock and other support structures. Three self-sufficient cabins and a separate apartment, each with two-bedrooms, sit on the East and West shorelines of the South Island. Built with the finest attention to detail and timber frame craftsmanship, highlighted by sweeping dovetailed beams, the exclusive use of wood and stone building materials complements the beautifully landscaped grounds.
- The 13,000 square foot timber-frame home features multiple living area, six bedrooms, a home theatre and chef’s kitchen
- With the great room, bar, farm-style dining, six fireplaces, stone deck, designed for entertaining
- The exclusive use of wood and stone mirrors the natural textures of the property
- In the main house, accommodations are spacious and include two, two-bedroom private, self-sufficient guest apartments
- The 75-acre property includes a timber-frame boathouse, float plane hanger and dock compound
- An eight stall, 6,100 square foot timber-frame equestrian barn is complete with two, two-bedroom guest apartments
- Three staff/guest cabins and an additional apartment provide a choice of further two-bedroom accommodations
- An organic vegetable garden supplies fresh produce throughout much of the summer
- The extensive grounds are fully supported through the necessary infrastructure, equipment and mechanical shops including a wood working and ceramic studio
- Offered on a turn-key basis, fully staffed and complete with furnishings, eater craft, vehicles and equipment
||Subtle Islands, British Columbia
|Type of Dwelling
||CR Campbell River North
||13,000 Sq. Ft.
Engel & VölkersVancouver Island